Assistant County District Attorney – Full-Time Position
The Aransas County District Attorney’s Office (Rockport, Texas) is seeking applications from experienced junior prosecutors for its expanding personnel needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the screening, evaluation, and prosecution of misdemeanor and/or felony cases. Responsibilities may also include case work involving mental commitments, juvenile matters, children’s protective service matters, protective orders, and/or forfeitures.
- hold a J.D. or L.L.B. degree from an ABA accredited law school and be a licensed attorney in good standing with the State Bar of Texas;
- have one to two (1-2) or more years of prosecutorial work experience;
- have a current working knowledge of the law, procedure, and rules of evidence necessary to help carry out the duties of this office;
- have a high degree of competence and efficiency;
- be experienced in all aspects of handling cases—from screening and reviewing, to researching and analyzing, to pleading, to presenting them well in court—effectively communicating facts and precedents verbally and in writing;
- establish and maintain a good rapport and effective working relationships with office personnel, law enforcement agencies, judges, the defense bar, other governmental and social services agencies, crime victims, and the general public;
- work well under pressure and exercise tact in trying situations while ensuring timely and appropriate case resolutions;
- be a self-starter—but also a team player who takes direction well;
- exhibit a sense of duty for rendering justice;
- possess a valid Texas driver’s license; and
- be able to pass a thorough background check, pre-employment physical exam, and drug screening.
This full-time position pays $50,000-$58,000 + benefits and is available for immediate hire.
To be considered for the position, please submit your completed application (available online at http://www.aransascountytx.gov/main/docs/ACAPP_2013rev.pdf -- please do not include the last page), cover letter, résumé, and references via email to: